Any time, in my books, a kiss of lemon is a good thing! I know it’s not raspberry season, but with the freshness of spring upon us, I couldn’t help but post this recipe. You can use frozen raspberries with equal success, so if fresh are not available, go for it! Please note, because you are using a fresh ingredient, raspberries, these will only keep for a couple of days in your fridge. If you want to store them beyond 3 days, I suggest you pop them in your freezer where they’ll be safe for about a month. Eat good food xxx
You will need:
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 10 medjool dates, pits removed
- 1 cup of fresh raspberries
- 2 cups desiccated coconut + extra for rolling
- the grated rind of one lemon
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- a pinch of sea salt
- Measure the nuts into your food processor and pulse until they are well broken down. You don’t need a fine meal, but there shouldn’t be large chunks (this makes it easier for rolling.)
- Add the pitted dates, and pulse again until they are combined with the nuts.
- Add the remaining ingredients and whirl around until the mixture is combined and, when pressed together, sticks!
- Roll into balls and swirl around in coconut. This typically makes between 12 and 16.