Oh my stars! If ever you could have the taste of a bite of carrot cake without baking an entire cake, this is the way to go! These protein bites are packed with fiber, whole grains, nuts, and the natural sweetness of dried fruit which makes each mouthful a pure delight. I have several energy bites in my collection and these are the ones I am asked to make, time and again. If you want a surefire way to add a little pick-me-up to your afternoon cuppa, this is the way to go. You won’t be disappointed!
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 3/4 cup rolled oats**
- 1/2 cup dates
- 4 ounces unsweetened applesauce
- 1 Tbsp vanilla plant-based protein powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup pecans (or walnuts)
- 1/3 cup rolled in unsweetened coconut
- Add the cashews, oats, dates, applesauce, protein powder, and spices to the food processor. Turn on until a dough forms. About 45 seconds….
- Add the grated carrot and pecans until thoroughly mixed. The dough will appear slightly sticky.
- Pour unsweetened shredded coconut into a bowl.
- Roll dough into balls, roll each one in the coconut, and place on a clean cookie sheet.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to set. Store uneaten balls in an airtight container in the fridge.
**For the cleanse, I would use dried quinoa flakes.
Recipe from Popsugar Fitness 16-08-2015